Saturday 25 October 2014

NEVER LIMIT GODs GRACE

Dearest Saints I realize I added a few more names to my list and hope you don't mind. It's always my desire through these teachings that WE, as the Church would grow stronger and be encouraged in the Lord so that through Him, we can fulfill a wonderful purpose in life by giving Him the glory, which is why we were created for in the first place (Isa 43:7). When we look at the world and where we are, I can only thank God for His Grace and Mercy for myself and should likewise be for each one of us. As I was meditating alot about Gods Grace just this past week, I had to repent because often times, I know I have limited my need for His Grace and Mercy. When I take the time with God and think of my past and if I am honest, I can't even fathom the Grace He had/has towards me. When I was often rebellious, His abundant Grace saw my need and delivered me from what could have become very destructive for all eternity for me. When I meditate on just this alone, I get nervous about ever limiting Gods Grace and Mercy towards me and so should we. In fact, when we think about people who are being brainwashed to go overseas to join a training camp to fight as part of a terrorist group, who is to say that it could not have included any one of us if it weren't for the Grace of God in the first place? I find there are at least two things that causes us to limit His Grace and Mercy. The first one is that we fail to take time to know God the way we should. He tells us in Hebrews 4:16 that we are to come boldly to His Throne of Grace so we can first of all obtain His Grace and Mercy for us in our time of need. The reason why many people fail to come boldly to His Throne of Grace is because they fail to see the rich measure of His merciful ways to forgive us when we do repent. What we do is we feel justified hanging on to guilt and shame instead which deters us from coming boldly to His Throne of Grace. We fail to see His rich abundant love for us. When you truly love someone, do you not come to them with a sense of confidence to be able to approach them? If that is the case, we should be able to approach Him that much more because of His greater Love, Grace and Mercy towards us. The second major reason I find is when we don't see our need of His Grace and Mercy to the measure we need to understand. In other words, when we compare ourselves to one another and we start to look down on them and think to ourselves, "I would never do that", we fail to realize that it is only His Grace and Mercy towards us that we don't do the unthinkable. This is when we think we are "good enough". I posted a short notice on facebook that says: If we think we are ever "good enough", we have immediately robbed Gods Grace, Mercy and Goodness towards us. If it weren't for His Grace, Mercy and lovingkindess towards us in the first place, we wouldn't be where we are today with Him. When I think more on this, I have to realize that if it weren't for His Grace and Mercy, I would still be living rebelliously towards Him and possibly being a blasphemer that would tell people to denounce His Name or removing anything that had anything to do with God. If it isn't for His Grace & Mercy, I could still turn my back on the Lord by the time I am finished typing this message and be like those 70 Disciples who once followed Him and decided to turn away (John 6:60-66) because they thought His teaching was too hard. I looked briefly at a book years ago that was titled "Farewell to God". This was someone who was once a faithful follower of God and has since turned his back on him and has now published this book to promote people to with-draw from God. And definitely, if it weren't for His Grace and Mercy alone, I could have done the same thing. I wouldn't be able to do what I do because I don't dare take any credit. In fact, it scares me to ever take credit for myself that robs Gods infinite goodness towards me. When you think that many will fall from the faith as it mentions in (1 Tim 4:1) and give heed to seducing spirits, I know it will only be by His Grace that I should not be counted as one of them. I find it very dangerous for Gods people to ever think we are immune to refrain from doing evil or any dispicable act by turning our backs and rebel against Him. Don't ever think we are "good enough" that we would never choose to turn back or rebel otherwise, we do in fact rob God of His Great Love, Grace, Mercy and Goodness towards us that fails to see our desperate need of His Grace and Mercy we need every moment of our lives. If we want to know the Truth, we are desperate people who are ALWAYS in NEED of HIS GRACE & MERCY to keep us from doing evil that also helps to strength us in Him to move forward. He reminds us in (1 Cor 10:12) Therefore let anyone who thinks he stands [who feels sure that he has a steadfast mind and is standing firm], take heed lest he fall [into sin] Amplified Version. When we realize this, we will be forever thankful to Him to the measure we should. Let's not use His Grace as a license to live any way we want to live and use His Grace, but when we do need it, lets receive this rich wonderful resource He has in store for each of us that is richer then all the worlds resources, yet it is free. In the Matchless Name of Jesus Richard Associate Director Answers2Prayer http://sites.google.com/site/greatestbuilderforourlife http://www.answers2prayer.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment