Saturday 2 July 2011

The Righteous Rise Up

For a righteous man falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked are overthrown by calamity (Prov 24:16).

Therefore I tell you, her sins, many [as they are], are forgiven her--because she has loved much. But he who is forgiven little loves little (Luke 7:47).

Good Day Saints.

I have been meditating on these two neat scriptures. It was not long ago when the Lord gives us that revelation knowledge and you sometimes wonder why you never thought of that earlier. When I have been thinking earlier about perfect love casting out all fears, it was as though I was using scripture in the wrong context. So, I would "try" to love more and more and try to be perfect in love. But as we know, that will never work. I have learned that knowing Christ is the only One who has fulfilled that law of Love perfectly, so it wasn't the fact that I should try harder, it was a realization that I needed to receive His perfect love for me first of all. I also realize too that I could never give out what I have not first received. Therefore, it was not by trying that I would improve my love, but it was receiving His love for me first and foremost. When I learned to know that Christ fulfills the law of Love perfectly and that Love does not keep a record of wrongs, love always forgives, I need to know and receive the fact that no matter how hard I have fallen, I know He forgives and chooses not to remember any of our faults when we repent. When I read the first scripture in Prov 24:16, it mentions about a Righteous man who falls seven times, rises up again. The reason why a Righteous man is able to rise up again and not stay down is to know and realize in your spirit that God forgives you, God does not keep any record of wrongdoings we have made, God always hopes for the best in everyone. What I have found truly remarkable is reading 1 Cor 13 on the chapter of love in a new way. I like the Amplified version where it expounds on love many times. When a verse comes up in verse 7 (like you see below), I insert Gods name where it says the word Love and then at the end of the verse where God speaks generally, I insert my name. As an example when the verse says: Love is ever ready to believe the best for every person; I would audibly repeat and say "God is ever ready to believe the best for Rick" and I continue through each segment of those 5 verses.

4Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. 5It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. 6It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. 7Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. 8Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].

So when the Bible mentions about the Righteous rising up seven times, this refers to seven meaning completely. When the righteous are able to get up, it is because we know and believe that God forgives, forgets our mistakes and encourages us to move on. It is when we fail to fully believe and don't receive the fullness of His pardon for us, we are not able to get up because we are weighed down by thinking otherwise. The devil is fulfilling his wicked plans to those who don't accept Gods full pardon and Grace which weighs down in our spirit. The people who are able to get up are considered Righteous because they believe God fully when they know of His genuine love for them. Also, when the woman who has sinned many times, God tells the Pharisees, Sadducees and teachers of the Law that the reason why she loves much and has been forgiven much is not simply because she sinned more, but she has received fully His pardon and Grace for her. When you receive the measure of His love very little, you can only love little. But no matter how many times we have sinned, when we repent and learn to receive His full pardon and Grace in a great measure, we will be able to love equally in that great measure. Therefore, it is learning to receive the fullness of His Pardon, Grace and Love that we will be able to impart that. To the measure we receive from the Lord, we will be able to give in the same measure. So when we go over that Love Chapter in a whole new dimension and see how immeasurable His love is for ourselves personally, we are able to impart that wonderful love simply because we have come to believe and receive that immeasurable love for us. So when I insert the last verse of love and I say "God never fails Rick" (Love never fails), it is a blessing and a real source of strength to say it, to know it and receive it. May the Lord bless you with this time of sharing.


Please feel free to visit my website below. God bless.
In the Matchless Name of Jesus
Richard
Associate Director
Answers2Prayer
http://sites.google.com/site/greatestbuilderforourlife
http://www.answers2prayer.org/

"Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment