Tuesday 11 September 2012

Mighty for God through Trials

Hi Dearest Saints.

     In this ministry, it is always my greatest goal to see Christians be the best they can be and live the best for God and be the best for God and enter the eternal realm with greater gifts with greater rewards because of the life we lived on earth.  I share the pain with so many people when they hurt and the pain is real and I find it a challenge to often encourage them NOT to GIVE UP and to hang in there, believe God no matter what.  It is a real challenge sometimes to tell people to hang in there continually because I don't take what many people go through lightly and I do understand. 
 
     I know the painful experiences from my life and it was tremendously hard to have a good attitude and be encouraged because I have been there that seemed endless at times.  When I look back at it now, I don't think I can do what I do now if it weren't for the fact that I had not gone through so much trials in my past.  I confess that it is easier to say it now when I have been through it and finally come out on the other side then to actually be going through trials, which I know many of you are perhaps going through right now.  So when it seems that people can easily say: "You don't know what I am going through" or "You wouldn't understand the physical or emotional pain I am suffering through right now!"  I want you to know that many of us who are called to encourage didn't get through life being spoon-fed or sit in a nest like the little eaglets in their soft cushion feathered down nest.  Many of us went through horrific battles also which is why I believe many of us are able to share one anothers burdens effectively, which is why I have a passion to try to encourage and help whenever I can.
 
     To be honest, there was a time in my life that I went through so much that I didn't care if I would see the next day of dawn.  In fact, I would have been more at peace had I known I would not see the next light of day.  I can only say by the Grace of God that that did not happen.  When I look back at what I was before I went through trials until I came to this point in my life, I have become more bold in my faith, much more courageous and much more determined to be the Child God wants me to be.  When we live in luxury or a life of ease, we end up not becoming that bold confident person that God wants us to be if we did not go through trials.  We become so complacent which God Himself is angry at a nation when they became complacent (Zech 1:15).  I have to tell you that I am amazed at what God has done for me through my life.  I have been able to teach classrooms, provide direction to Senior personnel at work, be a positive influence to our organization and have a wonderful ministry to encourage many.  However, if you knew me when I was younger, you wouldn't ever think I could ever accomplish anything close such as this.  It's how God used my past trials to make me be the person He wanted me to be.  I couldn't speak in front of 3 people without my knees knocking.  I absolutely had no confidence or very little positive things to say.  So anything I do, I give God all the credit.  I can honestly say I would have remained that type of person to this day had I not gone through trials which would have been devastating.
 
     The reason why I say these things is because when you may be going through trials, I really want to encourage you to become resilient and allow God to put that fiery spirit within you that says that "I am NOT going to GIVE UP" and that with His help, I am going to TRUST HIM to create in me to be a powerful witness to be used to be a positive role model of Christ to others.  As I am still serving in the military, I think of a Soldier who fights day and night for our countries.  Each one of them went through very intense training and often took them to their limits and beyond.  I can tell you, none of them became a Soldier by going to summer camp!!  When they went through hard training, this is what prepared them to be a strong fighting Soldier that we can all be proud of.  When I see how God wants to prepare many of us to go to battle for Him, He always tells us to be Strong (Josh 1:6-9), be very courageous (Josh 23:6) and be bold with confidence in Him (Heb 10:35), we can use this time when we face trials to dig our heels in and refuse to give up.  This is the time that I refused to stop believing that this time is not for nothing, but God is preparing me to become a mighty man of God for Him.  He wants to prepare us because we do fight a spiritual battle and those who endure are often the ones who have gone through trials.  Therefore, I know as we go through trials, I don't ever want anyone to think this is something strange happening, just like it mentions in (James 1:2-4).  But I want to encourage you to make the most of this time to be resilient in your faith, believe God and tell Him so.  Just like He says in His Word: "Let the Redeemed of the Lord say so" (Psalm 107:2), and tell Him that you believe He is doing a mighty work in you and declare to Him to mold me to be what You can make me be and boldy refuse to stop believing and trusting in You O Lord.
 
     I know it is easier said than done, but I would rather encourage you to do the right thing now because I believe when we do and trust in Him, we will not have to go through the same trials over and over again.  God can promote us because He can see that we are determined to live for Him.  Remember, if the Isrealites could have just kept a good attitude and zipped their lips from grumbling against God and Moses, they would have made the trip through the wilderness in 11 days instead of 40 years!  The thing I also want to encourage you is that when a person just decides not to believe or to give up, its not actually any harder to BELIEVE, but the rewards of simply believing is far greater that will never come with regret.  What I like to remember is that if we can get through and endure to the end (with His help when we ask and believe), this momentary time of troubles that we are enduring in this present life will NEVER be COMPARED to the ETERNAL REALM that awaits us (Rom 8:18).  Think of the regret many people will have when they decided to give up during this very short time on earth and end up forsaking the greater rewards in Heaven of which this loss is an extremely enormous fate.   
 
     I hope none of you EVER GIVE UP and my prayer is that whatever trials you may be going through, that you will allow God to make you become BOLD, CONFIDENT and Resilient that is going to cause the kingdom of darkness to tremble when they see you rise up as a mighty faithful prayer warrior of God. I like the following verse found in Matt 11:12 as follows:  
 
And from the days of John the Baptist until the present time, the kingdom of heaven has endured violent assault, and violent men seize it by force [as a precious prize--a share in the heavenly kingdom is sought with most ardent zeal and intense exertion].  
 
I believe these are the type of people God can use and He is preparing us through many trials to be that mighty force that He is pleased to use.  I don't want anyone to go through trials and find it was all for nothing.  But let it be for a wonderful purpose God can use you for when we make up our minds to NOT GIVE UP and be ever bold to refuse to doubt Him and His love for you.  I hope this truly encourages you as I have seen how it has blessed me to be a blessing to others because of it.  God wants to do the same for you and He will if you will dare to believe!!
 


Will you consider buying my books in support of HelpingCopeThroughHope mission work in Zambia?  You may go to my link below to observe.

In the Matchless Name of Jesus
Richard
Associate Director
Answers2Prayer
http://sites.google.com/site/greatestbuilderforourlife  
http://www.answers2prayer.org/

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you are right
    If we have empathy then we have sympathy. We thank God that we are then able to comfort others with the comfort which we have received by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome testimony Richard!

    In reading this, I am reminded of how Jesus commands us to love one another, but many seem not to view the word “love” here as an action verb. To truly care for and encourage one another we must possess love from within in order to make a true difference in someone’s life by way of Christ Jesus. Anything but true love for one another through Christ is a cheap imitation and will no doubt cause others to stumble, which is certainly risky business.

    Why I went down this road, I am not sure - Spirit lead I suppose… :)

    Blessings!
    Thought of the Week Devotion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that Darryl. When I look back, its like God took some trash and is able to make something beautiful out of it. Blessings to you also.

      Delete
    2. Darryl Iv been trying g to get in contact with you but your email and blog have both changed. Hopefully your doing well God bless you brother.

      Delete
    3. Darryl Iv been trying g to get in contact with you but your email and blog have both changed. Hopefully your doing well God bless you brother.

      Delete