Sunday 12 August 2012

Overcoming Rejection

Dearest Saints,
 
     I would like to share something to encourage many Christians who suffer from experiencing rejection by others from the past.  I have experienced this and know the pain it often follows many.  I have been blessed by His Grace to have overcome this horrible mindset.  The only good thing that comes from this is when we can share the hope (after being liberated from these negative circumstances) to help many others be liberated by its stronghold that sets in the minds of many believers.  When we have overcome some negative circumstances from our past, it is important that we don't just keep these to ourselves because there are many whom we can and should offer help in their time of need.  This is when we need to be a channel of His love instead of a resevoir.  I had to realize that being rejected is not negative in itself, it is how we interpret the situation and start thinking that there is something wrong with ourselves is when it gets to be a big problem.  Sometimes, being rejected is a good thing because God doesn't want us to be infected by other peoples behaviour or bad influences they may have on our lives. Maybe being rejected means that God restrains us from becoming proud?  However, many people take this negatively simply because they are trying to win the approval of others, and when they are rejected, this is when real trouble begins.  This is where worldly sorrow comes in, which God tells us that leads to death (2 Cor 7:10) all because we try to become people pleasers or we value ourselves more by what other people think or say of us rather than knowing what God says about us.
 
     We have to stop viewing ourselves what other people say or think.  If they think of you any different than what God says of who you are, they are nothing but deceivers being lead by the one who is considered the Deceiver himself (satan).  Instead of putting myself down because of being rejected by others, I had to reverse that and start believing that if anyone rejected me, it was my gain and their loss.  Some people may think it is bold and arrogant statement to say that.  I don't believe it is, because when you love yourself in a balanced way like God encourages us to do and know that He creates each one specially unique, you don't have to be a prisoner of what anyone else thinks or says.  I started to feel much better about myself in the right way by giving NO VALUE of what others had thought or said if it didn't agree to what God says.  Otherwise I would have developed a stronghold of having an inferiority complex, which I mentioned in the past messages how this can be very destructive.  I can say that many Christians who remain a prisoner of Rejection fail to be a rich blessing to so many others in their time of need because they cannot be effectively used by God when they remain a prisoner of what others may think or say of them.  This is where the enemy not only robs Christians from being a blessing, but robs so many others who could have been blessed by those who remain a prisoner to the lies of the enemy.  It is sometimes scary to think how many people failed to be blessed because we allowed ourselves to be held back?  Although He wants each of us to become more like Christ, He still wants us to be ourselves and stop trying to be like anyone else.  You will notice that the Bible has four gospels and not just one.  Each one expressed their views to point out the Gospel by their individual personality, which is why we don't see the Bible with one gospel according to one person only.  

     When I see how anyone who has rejected me in the past, if I had continued to feel dejected, I would not be able to be mightily used of God to minister to others and be part of a wonderful email prayer team to help many others in their time of need.  When I realize those who rejected me, I realize it's their loss because they are missing out of a real blessing I am able to share with hundreds of people of which they could have shared in the blessing, but have missed out.  Being a Christian is not thinking lowly of yourself just because others fail to see the beauty and uniqueness of you, but it is holding your head high (without being proud) and being confident knowing who you are in Christ because He sees you as a vessel of honour whom He can use.  God tells us to shine His Light (Matt 5:15,16).  When we hang our heads low by feeling dejected, we end up placing His light under a bed where no one can see Christ in you and through you like we are admonished to do.  If we are to share the hope that is within us, how can we possibly do that when we go around feeling lowly about ourselves and hanging our heads low?  When we see how God invites us in to His family, offers us life eternal like nothing else on earth could ever offer, how the creator of the universe wants to have a rich relationship with you & I and the mansion He has prepared for us to enjoy for all eternity, we should be the happiest people on earth!

     The devil is able to use many people when they are spiritually blind to his ways and we MUST NOT allow any of his influences through other people to determine who you are. I hear it many times from a certain teacher, and I can honestly say a big "AMEN" to the fact that we cannot be powerfully used of God and have self-pity at the same time.  I also had convinced myself that when others rejected me in the past, God was keeping me from having my life "infected" by bad influences.  For God tells us that bad company corrupts good character (1 Cor 15:33).  How many times might God have spared us from all kinds of trouble when we may have been rejected by others?  We need to consider being rejected by some as a blessing in disguise.  Our minds become the battlefield of the enemy and in order for us to believe who we are in Christ, we need to speak His promises over us that tells us who we are.  Our true faith is built up when we hear ourselves speak His Word, because God tells us that faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Rom 10:17).  Here are some scriptures I would encourage you to say to yourself.  Afterall, it comes from the One who is the Only One who is Perfect, who knows you perfectly and knows all things, so why not agree with the one who is perfect than the ones who are a bunch of liars?  I encourage you to speak the following scriptures over you:

I am the righteousness of God (Gal 5:5)
I am the apple of His eye (Prov 7:2; Zech 2:8)
He adopted me in to His family as a Son/Daughter of God (John 1:12)
He has given me His beauty for my ashes, Oil of joy in place of mourning, Garment of praise instead of heaviness (Isa 61:3)
I am made in the image of Christ (Gen 9:6)
I am a new creature in Christ, the old man has been replaced by the New man (2 Cor 5:17)
I am Blessed in Him (Eph 1:3)
I am loved by Him (Jer 31:3)
I have been raised with Him in Heavenly places (Eph 2:6)
I have an inheritance to receive an eternal crown of Glory that will last forever (1 Cor 9:25).


     When we see and believe the positive Truth of His Word for us, this liberates us from being deceived by the one who is out to fulfill his purpose that seeks to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10a) through any circumstances of rejection.  Therefore, we need to put a STOP at looking negatively at ourselves by allowing the enemy and others to dictate how we value ourselves and start believing who God says about you.  Afterall, He alone is God and anyone else who speaks otherwise is a counterfeit, because only God speaks Truth and anything outside of Gods Truth are lies.  God reminds me that instead of wasting our time being bitter towards our oppressors, we need to be more concerned about them when we realize their outcome and the accountability they are going to give before God on judgment day.  I believe you will like yourself much better when you speak the promises of what God says who you are in the Light and Truth of His Word.  I would like to encourage you to SPEAK the blessings (Num 6:24-27) over you, your family and each other which drives away every curse ever spoken to you or about you and live in the blessings He offers to each of us.
 
I invite you to please check out my two books I would love to bless you with.  Good portion of proceeds go to helping the needy in Zambia.
 
In the Matchless Name of Jesus
Richard
Associate Director
Answers2Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment