Sunday 10 May 2015

A Tribute to My Parents

Dearest Saints, I would like to specifically acknowledge one of our ten commandments especially at this time to honour our earthly Father and Mother. I wrote a poem in honour of their Anniversary celebration a few years ago and I continue to echo these words. Even though it is a poem and it may sound nice with rhythmic wording. But I want to emphasize that they are in fact words spoken in truth. It goes like this: To wonderful parents that any child would be so blessed. Dad laboured much each day for his family to provide, while Mom worked diligently at home cooking, cleaning and caring through every ebb and tide. Our house was much more than a nice place filled with treasure, it was filled with love, peace, hope, kindness, goodness and often-times with patience without measure. I am glad to be what I have become, not only the the Grace of God, but also the enduring faithfulness and love from Dad and Mom. Through your fine examples of tireless and selfless giving, I have learned to make the most out of living. One cannot have asked to be better blessed, than having wonderful parents that anyone could have ever confessed. An inspiration you should be, of love and commitment that the world should see. Thank you Dad & Mom for being there for me. I thank God for my Parents. I want to make this tribute by honouring my Parents, Fern & Louise Poulin who will be celebrating 66 years of a blessed marriage this coming week on 14 May 2015. It is an honour to say Happy & Blessed 66th Anniversary to them. It's neat to know their wedding date happened exactly a year after the re-birth of the nation of Israel. In the second paragraph that talks about having patience without measure, I can honestly say that when I see how they have been that way for me very often when I was growing up. I know many can't say the same for their parents due to past unfavourable circumstances, but I would like to encourage you to please honour your Parents not just for their sake, nor because they may or may not deserve it, but for your sakes so that it will be well with you in relationship to the eternal One who loves you the most and promises that a long and healthy and prosperous life that He gives all of us if we would honour them. We should want to put aside any of our differences from what we think to what He tells us and make a choice to choose what He tells to honour the Lord simply because of who He is and all He has done and continues to do for us. I can only say "Lord, that I trust You to help me honour You more and more each day" because I confess I can't do this on my own strength, but trust in Him which is where He wants us all to come to that place. I find it easier to love and forgive others when I see the greater enormous debt He forgave me from. And for those who have had terrific parents, tell them so and don't wait to recite your love and appreciation for them at the time of their eulogy. May we live a blessed life that is honouring especially to the Lord as we honour our parents and ask His Holy Spirit to help us live according to His divine and perfect will. We owe it to Him who gave up so much more then we could ever imagine for each of us. Exod 20:12 "Honour your Father and Mother so that you may live long in the land that your Lord gives you". Be forever blessed by Him, in Him and for Him. In the Matchless Name of Jesus Richard Ministry Encourager Answers2Prayer http://sites.google.com/site/greatestbuilderforourlife http://www.answers2prayer.org/

2 comments:

  1. Hello Brother. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also glad to stop by your blog post and go through it. I am blessed to know you and your family. well I am a stranger from Mumbai, India and have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with the great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the West to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Diwakar. I enjoyed your email response. It would be a great delight to come to Mumbai...God willing if it should be His will for me to come. I did enjoy a short term mission trip to Zambia several years ago and would love to continue to do more similar mission trips. It was truly a blessing to me. God richly bless you.

    ReplyDelete