Friday 17 April 2015

Compromising is NOT an Option - Part 1

Dearest Saints of the Most High, I always want to share what has been a concern for me and what God deals with me to share with you. Because we should know that anytime God deals anything with us, it's because He wants to help us become more mature and be stronger in Him in order to become more like Christ. And when He teaches us, we need to STOP just keeping what we learn within ourselves and START helping others and teach others what God teaches us about. This is what Discipling is all about. We should "want" to help others when we know all the help we have been given. He tells us that when we freely receive from Him, we are to freely give (to others) Matt 10:8. What better gift can we give to others then to share with them what God is doing for each of us in our lives? Just recently, I have been thinking of how many times we may compromise God in our walk with Him. This compromising God takes in many variations. A good definition of being a compromiser of God is reducing Him to our level of thinking or understanding. We do this often by simply limiting of who He really is, limiting His great love for us, limiting His ability to care for us and so on. I think one of the reasons why we compromise who God is and His will for us is because we think too highly of ourselves and our abilities! I have to admit I have fallen into that trap more times then I care to admit. When we don't give His Word the "Highest Value" to live our life and seeking the highest wisdom that only comes from above, we are robbed by the enemy from ever living the abundant life that He tells us He wants to give us (John 10:10b). When we compromise, we are fulfilling the enemy's plan by allowing him to rob us of receiving Gods best for us. The enemy comes only to rob, kill and destroy (John 10:10a). But, Jesus has come to give us life and life in abundance (John 10:10b). We can only receive abundance of His peace and joy when we choose to follow the wisdom of His Word over our way of thinking and our own understanding. One of the main culprits of being a compromiser is limiting Gods total Sovereignty. When I talk about His Sovereignty, I am talking about His Omnipresence (He is everywhere at all times); His Omnipotence (He is "All-Powerful",able to do all things; His Omniscience (He is "All-Knowing" of everything created and for future events) and He is Omnisapient, (who is All-Wise) because He knows what is best for us by far more then anyone of us can ever think. We compromise when we know in our spirit (when God talks to us) to do one thing, but we make excuses to do otherwise. When we meditate on His Sovereignty, we need to just come to the conclusion that He is AWESOME and far beyond our own intellect and our own understanding!! Proverbs 3:5,6 is one of my favorite verses that tells us that we are not to lean on our own understanding, but to Trust in Him in All our ways! And He promises by doing that, that He will make our paths straight. If God is to be our God, that means WE NEED TO CHOOSE HIS WAYS REGARDLESS! One of the Brothers was having a disagreement with me about God's Foreknowledge. Just because this man couldn't understand how God can know future events when it has not yet happened? We need to come to that place to have the "Child-like Faith" and confess "I may not understand, but I trust You Lord". How was it that all the prophecies were written before Christ fulfilled each one of them? In Jer 1:5, He tells us that He foreknew each of us before we were ever born. Like I mentioned one time before, we have to STOP limiting God of who He is just because we don't understand. We have to come to the place that God is far greater then our limited thinking. This is one of the issues that we have to STOP COMPROMISING by limiting who He is. I like what I heard one time when someone said: "If we could always figure out God, then He wouldn't be God in the first place, we wouldn't have that reverential fear of Him like we need to have and He wouldn't be worthy of our worship of Him. How can we expect to have any "Awe" or "Reverential Fear" of Him if we always brought Him down to our limited thinking and understanding of Him? Another area I find many of us who have compromised God is His love and care for us. Many times in my past, I questioned God "Why God Why"? Just because I didn't understand why I had to go through what I had gone through. Now that I look back, I can now see what He was up to. We often "get-it" after we have gone through, but our God sees before-hand of what we need. Which is why we need to STOP COMPROMISING His Wisdom for our lives and STOP COMPROMISING Who He is and what His Word tells us. It wasn't until I started doing what the Word tells me to do before I started seeing real victory taking place in my life. I didn't have any victory before all because I now realize I failed to Use the Word like He tells us to. We also often compromise Him simply by following the traditions of our fore-fathers rather then being lead by His Spirit. This is why Jesus mentioned to His Disciples and warned them about forsaking God just by following the "traditions of Men" (Matt 15:6; Mark 7:8-13; Col 2:8). If it were never a problem, it wouldn't be mentioned in the Word. Anytime anything is in the Word, it's because man has a problem with it and God needs to reveal these things to us to help us. Regardless of what our fore-fathers did, we need to seek Gods Spirit to direct us. Maybe our fore-fathers did what was right and excellent, but God admonishes us to continue improving and striving to do more and do greater. He even tells us that we would do greater things than He did because He is going to the Father (John 14:12). I can't imagine how we can do greater things than what He did, but that's what He says. We just have to believe what He says regardless of what we think, which is what justifies us before Him. We are justified in Him simply because we believe Him (Gal 2:16). We cannot afford to doubt or have unbelief of His Word which is what happens when we compromise the instruction of His Word which is our "Life-Line". I would like to continue on with this again because alot can be said about compromising God and His Word for our very lives. In the Matchless Name of Jesus Richard Ministry Encourager Answers2Prayer http://sites.google.com/site/greatestbuilderforourlife http://www.answers2prayer.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment